UPDATE: Node Reward Payout Delay Week of 19 Nov 2018
Horizen Secure Node and Super Node block reward payouts will be delayed due to the secure node server migration previously announced.
Secure and Super Node reward payouts will take place on Tuesday 20 Nov 2018 and will include accrued rewards (7 days) plus an additional day (a total of 8 days).
Block reward distribution for the week of 26 November 2018 will include accrued rewards for a 6-day period to take into account the additional day included in the previous block reward distribution cycle. Payouts will be processed on their regular schedule on Monday of that week.
Attention all secure node operators:
The Horizen engineering team will upgrade the SECURE NODE servers and tracker system from 17 Nov 3pm UTC to 18 Nov 11pm UTC in an effort to continuously improve our systems in operations.
Actions for Secure Node Operators:
- No actions are expected for Secure Node operators
- If required, we will communicate additional actions/instructions
- Watch for special email updates
Tracking Servers Migration (from 17 Nov 3pm UTC to 18 Nov 2018 11pm UTC)
- Challenges suspended
- Generation of payment records suspended until after the migration
- No payments will be missed
- Email alerts suspended
- Exceptions and downtimes to be excluded from earnings
- Expect periods of unavailability
- Expect multiple failovers and reconnects
Effect on Earnings
- There will be no missed block reward due to the migration.
- Block reward distribution will be delayed and executed on 20 November, and will include rewards for 8 days.
- 26 November block reward distribution will only include block rewards accumulated for 6 days.
Why is the migration occurring?
The server migration is required as we transition to a new server service provider that will ensure the reliability of our network and give us additional room to grow. This is an interim step until we move our node tracker on-chain!
We appreciate your patience and thank you for contributing to privacy and decentralization!
The Horizen Team
Currently, operating with over 22,000+ Secure and Super Nodes, Horizen aims to be the most decentralized, secure, and private network. We’d like to thank our Secure Node and Super Node operators for contributing to privacy and decentralization!